I am happy to report that the Cocoon's Job-Market Mentoring Program appears to be going well, as we have been able to match with mentors most of the job-candidates who have signed up this year. However, we still have some candidates in need of a match, as well as a few mentors we have not been able to match with our existing candidates--and, as I mentioned before, the signup period for this year's program will run through August 15th. Accordingly, Helen and I would like to extend this final call for signups to all job-candidates in need of mentoring as well as potential mentors.
Although this is an open call, and we encourage any and all potential candidate mentees and mentors to sign up, we have particular needs for mentors who can mentor candidates with the following backgrounds:
- Candidates from continental Europe interested in European but also North American/UK markets.
- Low SES
- LGBTQ identity
- Asian, with English as a second language
- Any of the following AOS: Philosophy of Art/Aesthetics, Ancient philosophy, Neuroethics, Philosophy of mind/perception, logic/language
Finally, we currently have some unmatched mentors with the following expertise--so, if you are a candidate in need who might benefit from having a mentor with any of these experience/specialtiess, please do sign up:
- Applying to teaching-focused institutions
- Applying to religious institutions
- AOS: Ethics, Political, Law
- AOS: Social and Political Philosophy
- Experience being on the job-market for a long period of time